Thursday, June 7, 2018

Italians


A few more Roman bases completed. Auxiliaries, I did complete a third base but forgot to photograph it. 

And 3 half size bases, (60mm x 60mm) of legionaries. Probably should have completed a few more but the painting mojo deserted me for a while.



 THEN.............like we all do do, I got side tracked on another small project. Perry Miniatures WW2 Italians. They are still from the Italian peninsular I guess. (MG team from Warlords)

I used a painting guide supplied from Mark of 'Over Open Sights' blog. Very very helpful. If you haven't already check out his blog and view his brilliantly painted figures. http://over-open-sights.blogspot.com

Just ordered the rest of the platoon............................................gotta stop buying more lead.

   


Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful units, especially the Roman legionaries imho, they look superb, painting and basing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil, maybe a couple more units and I can manage a small game.

      Delete
  2. Look fantastic Guido. Great painting and basing mate and those Perry Italians look the business as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo. Yeah the Perry minis are fantastic, have my eye on the French ww2 as well.

      Delete
  3. Great looking figures
    I have been drawn to some unloved Early Imperial Roman Warlord Games plastics:)

    The excuse being my son'd Roman project at school

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers. Yeah I'm sure every gamer has Imperial Romans stashed somewhere in their collection, painted or otherwise.
      Good luck on the school project.

      Delete
  4. Lovely work all around. Romans look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Bersaglieri. How many could fight on a label 5x2cms? That's about the size of a standard Flames of War base that I use for Rommel. I'm guessing just 2-3 figures, which would probably maybe do.

    ReplyDelete