Saturday, January 30, 2016

40K Apocalyptic Game


40K Apocalyptic Game
Just to carry on from the last post re 40K, my son arranged a small 40K Apocalyptic Game between his associates and mine. As it turned out it was 5 V's 4, mind you the 4 would be well fortified with beer and whiskey. (I know, looking at that shirt you can really tell this would be a serious game.) 

The good guys (us) were Imperial Guard, armoured and infantry companies,  Marine Raven Wing and Necrons. Yeah I realise Necrons are usually bad guys........But!!!
The board was set out using two 6 x 4 boards connected by a 2 x 4 "bridge". Actually it was a good excuse to get a huge amount of figures on the board. I was going to give a turn by turn account of what occurred, (lots of arrows and inserts)(see picture 1) but this is 40k after all and not real war-gaming!! 

Anyway, the good guys deployed and moved.



Then all hell broke loose, as we thought we had run out of beer!!!. .....err I mean the evil Grey Knights conducted a 'deep strike' behind out forces. I think they lasted two turns.

Don't ask me about the head wear, obviously an English and South African thing!


 Back to the game, Eldar, not to be outdone by the Knights also landed troops in our rear zone and quickly spotted a brave Imperial Guard commander hidden in the shadows. (It was in shadow before the flash of my camera revealed him)
 Lucky for him an Imperial tank drove onto the board and dispersed the evil blue feathered creatures.
 The Tyranids tried the same trick but were also vanquished.
 The Orks couldn't help themselves and stormed the crossing presenting a perfect target for the Imperial artillery. Meanwhile in the skies overhead raged multiple dogfights between the fliers.
 All I could say was "I glad someone knew all these rules!!)

Imperial aircraft lining up for strafing runs. The goodies were having fun.
 Yep, I even got to use the Imperial Baneblade to smash a few more Orks.
A great night had by all with a heap of laughs..............I think we finished about 1.30 in the morning with a win for the good guys.. Not bad for a 4 o'clock arvo start. After going over all the photos this lot were the least offensive.

Probably a good thing that this ran dry.

Cheers.






2 comments:

  1. I participated in one of these game a few years ago. It was a blast. That said, I was walked through the game as I'd never played 40K before - or since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was an entertaining night Dean, but like you 40k really isn't my cup of tea.

      Delete