Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Chariots


I needed a couple of heavy chariot units for my Carthaginian forces and after looking on the net  I ordered  a pair from 1st Corps miniatures.  Yeah I know they are 'successor' chariots and Carthage didn't use scythed chariots, but what the hell, they looked nice.

I will use changeable crews to depict whether the chariot is heavy with lance or scythed. I intended to magnetise the scythes on the wheels but decided I would probably lose them so they are glued in place.

The colour scheme I took from the net as well, as I saw a pair painted by a professional painter,  Jose-Manuel Chasco.







The bases seem a little bland at present so I may add some discarded shields and weapons later.   

8 comments:

  1. Nice work! Newline/SHQ do some good Carthaginian chariots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cyrus. Yeah, I checked those out but wasn't to impressed.

      Delete
  2. Most impressive scythed chariots and excellent paint job, very tempting! Love the bases as well, they highlight these gorgeous chariots...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Phil. Now just have to get them on the gaming table sometime, :)

      Delete
  3. Great looking 4-wheel scythed chariots! The addition of the reins really is impressive too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I cut up a Coke can for the reins, but I guess paper would have done the trick.

      Delete
  4. Great looking chariots! Really nicely painted!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Iain, still haven't managed to game with them as yet.

      Delete