Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Arthurian - Late Roman

Newly painted troops.

Predominantly 'Black Tree' miniatures with 'Little Big Men Studios' shield designs and banners. 
To be used as either Arthurian/Late Roman.
3 New units added to my late Romans which I started many moons ago. I've based them on 3 60mm x 40mm bases to be used with 'TotheStrongest' rules written by Simon Miller aka BigRedBat.  They are sitting on a gaming mat I purchased from Simon Miller's online store BigRedBatCave, which has 200mm squares marked out.

My other gaming buddies have purchased mats from Simon which are marked with 150mm squares, so if I game with them I'll have 6 units with a 120mm frontage.
Looking at them now I think I prefer deeper bases but its too late to change now. I'll probably grab some movement trays which will add a bit of depth anyway. I do like the look of Simon's jaggered edged bases but most of my figures are based in this current fashion and thats way too much work for me to rebase.
BUT!!!! like the rest of you guys I do have future plans, ie War of the Roses.........and I haven't based any of those as yet..................mainly because I haven't painted many at all.
Cheers.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice! Do let us know how they get on in battle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, but have to do the rest of the army yet - might be a while.

      Delete
  2. Looking wonderful Guido. Fancy a game vs Welsh perhaps sometime mate? Should be interesting if taken as Arthurian mate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Carlos, but as mentioned still have a few (lots) of figures to paint. Although I am thinking of rebasing my Scots/Picts.

      Delete
  3. Am loving those... I have always intended to do something similar- I even have minis based for painting! What are the dimensions? It might be possible to make sabot irregular bases for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Simon. Unit sizes are 18cm x 4cm for use on large 20cm squares (mat) and 12cm x 4cm for 15cm squares (mat).
      Good luck with all your rebasing.

      Delete
  4. Very nice , I like them very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That was the easy lot, (chain-mail). Now for the rest.

      Delete
  5. Looking wonderful Guido. Fancy a game vs Welsh perhaps sometime mate? Should be interesting if taken as Arthurian mate.

    thanks for sharing...

    www.golden-slot.com
    gclub

    ReplyDelete